As an Investment Administrator for Baldwin Investment Management, LLC, you will serve as liaison between investment managers and our custodian Charles Schwab by preparing new account documentation, as well as existing account updates, facilitating account transfers, and other activities as requested by an investment manager or a client. You will also be responsible for disseminating relevant custodian alerts to the investment managers, along with communicating with Baldwin clients to serve administrative needs/problem-solving.
Additionally, you will provide support in trading, as well as account reconciliations for various custodians, including account positions, cost bases and trade settlements, producing monthly trade/commission schedules for compliance, as well as entering portfolio accounting transactions and defining new securities and accounts in our portfolio management system.
You will be the go-to support person for the investment managers, assisting with client presentations and other support as needed.
Required knowledge and skills:
· An affinity for numbers with a focus on accuracy.
· Basic/Intermediate knowledge of equities, bonds and funds.
· Computer savvy with strong knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, with a strong proficiency in Excel.
· Experience with portfolio management software (i.e., Tamarac Reporting, etc.)
· Experience working with a CRM Platform (Tamarac CRM preferred)
· Experience working with custodian Charles Schwab (preferred) or equivalent.